April 27, 2016
- 3/4 cup Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 5 ozs Unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 Vanilla beans, scraped
- 4 Large eggs
- 2 cups Granulated sugar
- 2 tbsps Lavender buds (adjust to liking)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and pour yourself a glass of Vina Robles Petite Sirah!
- Line a 9 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and grease with butter.
- In a metal or glass bowl, combine the butter, chocolate and vanilla seeds. In a saucepan, bring about an inch of water to a low boil. Place the bowl over the saucepan and stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted and smooth, about 3-4 minutes. Set bowl aside and let mixture cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Whisk in the chocolate mixture, lavender buds and salt, until mixture is evenly colored. Gradually blend in flour.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. These brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into the center still has a few moist crumbs on it. Transfer to a wire rack, let cool and cut into pieces.
- Enjoy the Lavender-Chocolate Brownies with Vina Robles Petite Sirah!
- Use 1 tbsp vanilla extract instead of fresh vanilla beans.
- Reduce the amount of sugar for a brownie less sweet.
- For an extra chocolaty taste, add ½ cup of chocolate chips with the flour.