November 19, 2015
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 7 ozs pineapple, cut into small cubes
- 3 lbs black mussels, cleaned, well rinsed
- 1 cup Vina Robles Viognier
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, cracked black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add the onions and the pineapple, and sauté on high heat for approx. 2 minutes.
- Add the mussels, stir, and deglaze with the Vina Robles Viognier. Cover the pan with a lid and let steam on high heat for about 2 minutes. Uncover, add cream, seasoning and tomatoes, cover again and let steam for another 3-4 minutes. Stir occasionally, until mussels are opened.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve mussels with the sauce in small bowls.
- Do not eat mussels that are still closed!
- Enjoy with the rest of the Vina Robles Viognier.
- Serve with crispy French baguette
- Substitute black mussels with steamer clams or your favorite shellfish.